This year, students start preparing for the Higher School Certificate, so it's important your child settles into a good routine that balances study commitments and life outside of school.
Time management tips
Senior students need to be self-motivated. Here are useful links that will help your child stay focussed on their studies:
- Balancing commitments offers ways for your child to keep a balance between their studies, social life and family commitments.
- Part-time employment can be fulfilling but it is important that it doesn't take priority over school commitments.
- Setting priorities and time management gives practical advice on how your child can manage their time effectively.
Preparing for the HSC
The subjects studied in Year 11 are preliminary subjects for HSC study and exams in Year 12.
- Starting Year 11 offers advice on preparing for Year 11 and choosing subjects for the HSC.
- NSW HSC online is a valuable resource for students and parents. See NSW HSC online for parents for translations in community languages.
- Prelim HSC Assesment Guideline
Year 11 can be a challenging time for students. Your child's year adviser and other staff are available to give support or students can make an appointment to see the school counsellor.
Our school careers adviser can help students make educational choices, define a career direction and prepare for future study and training.
The careers advisory services website also offers help in clarifying course choices, employment opportunities, career pathways or training options. See career development for students (also in community languages).
Senior Study Room
A Senior Study Room has been established and is located at the Russell Evans Building, next to the English Staffroom. It is open from 8.00am – 3.15pm every day and is available to all Senior students to utilise during their study periods.
The room is equipped with study tables, chairs and currently, three computers.